Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Took two flexeril yesterday one in the afternoon and one at

Customer Question

took two flexeril yesterday one in the afternoon and one at bedtime and took one this morning and just now took eight hundred mg of ibuprophen still no relief my pain is under my left cheek and my buttocks on left side and bad muscle spasms I fell on my kitchen ceramic floor and then on my concrete driveway on the eighth of this month
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: not really I was just on my floor and on my driveway cannot get int the whole story I have gone to my chiropractor three times and he said I could of injured my hamstring and have a lot of bruising and he said to use ice and also heating pad
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question, You can use Flexural tablet twice to thrice daily for pain. Also Ibuprofen unto 1200mg per day if you do not have any renal problems. Let me know if you have questions.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.
HelloI am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified US doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.As you stated, you already have taken 2 o 3 flexirl. You might be overusing it in fact. It is not a pain reliever.You should not use more than the over the counter dose of ibuprofen unless your doctor prescribes this, and in fact it can go up to 600 mg four times a day, if approved by your doctor. You should not exceed the over the counter dose based on on line suggestions, as this is a prescription dose. In fact, in some instances, up to 3200 mg a day is recommended [by your doctor]. Here is the accurate dosing guideline: need a scan, at least an x ray, of your pelvis, given the intractable pain.I suggest urgent care or the ER if needed.You probably need stronger pain medication. This will require an exam and prescription and is more than your chiropractor can provide.We do not treat you here, but urgent care can.I am a double board certified US doctor.Let me know if you have more questions.find me as needed.Please click a positive on the rating scale above.
If you do not have any red flag symptoms like fever, fast heart rate, low blood pressure, dizziness, increasing pain then this is not emergency, If any of such symptoms then it needs evaluation, in most cases it takes few days for the pain to settle. I am assistant professor in the field of medicine and have fellowship from top two colleges in the world. Thank you.
Hello. Do not wait for emergency signs to get help. A chiropractic evaluation was not sufficient here. You need an MD to see you. You can have a fracture without emergency signs, and you do not want to wait for things to get worse.See my profile.Find me anytime, in medical, by request, any day of the week, for fast, accurate and safe answers.