Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Dr. Dr. ***** *****. I have a sick barn cat that has

Customer Question

Hello Dr. Dr. ***** *****. I have a sick barn cat that has very running eyes and is very thin. The cat is wild and while I was trying to give it medication I was bitten. . I quickly washed the puncture wounds with soap and hot water. Should I do anything else.?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I think the cat prbally has distemper...but I just saw it in the barn yesterday and wanted to try and see if I could help it. Mt vet is coing this week to give the horses dogs and tame cats their shots but I just thought I would give this cat some meds before the vet came. The cat has very wattery eyes, sneezes, coughs, and is very very thin. I live in the country and sometime I get other animals in my barn. Thanks Barb
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cat Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou should make sure you are up on your tetanus shotyou should make sure you have your vet test the cat for infections such as rabies. chances for rabies is small.make sure you follow up with your doctor to make sure your puncture wound heals properly.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using