Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a friend who says it hurts so much to swallow either

Customer Question

I have a friend who says it hurts so much to swallow either food or drink from her throat down into her stomach. She says it feels like someone is literally digging through her insides. We're a little worried, honestly. She can’t afford to be in the hosptial right now but this has been going on for 6 days now. What is the matter?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.With the symptoms that you are mentioning it seems likely that she is having a lot of inflammation or an infection in her throat and and food pipe (esophagus).This can be due to a number of reasons:InfectionAcid refluxInflammation due to large number of other causesI understand that she cannot afford to go to a doctor right now as she cannot afford it but it is mandatory for her to be seen at least by a primary care doctor to be assessed properly and then proceed accordingly.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.I would appreciate a rating by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards