Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Serious pain in the breast very close to the armpit ,it

Customer Question

Serious pain in the breast very close to the armpit ,it comes occasionally but if it comes is with serious pain,I've administer some herbal ointment & liquid form but no changes? What prescription do you suggest?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 months ago.
Hi and welcome.Any pain in the breast should be examined properly. I would suggest you to take tylenol or ibuprofen for pain relief and get it examined by your doctor to rule out any disease.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have gone for mammogram scan and nothing found. Also I have gone for other breast scan and nothing found as well. The pain comes occasionally and when it comes it bring an excruciating pain for few days before dissipating. Kindly help.
Have you seen a Neurologist?Is there any pain in the back of the neck and upper spine?Pins and needles?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, no pain in the back of neck and upper spine. The pain only affect a small section around the breast side close to the chest. And it comes momentaril.
Thanks for reply.This can be costochondritis that is inflammation of the rib cartilage. You need to take ibuprofen for this and getting a CT chest would make things much clear if symptom does not improve.
Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.