Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
64994909

I am 22 years old male, no heath problem, using zoloft 150

Customer Question

I am 22 years old male, no heath problem, using zoloft 150 mg and valium 5 mg .I decided to use omga 3 and mutivatmens and other supplement .
Is this supplements is good for my helth and will cose me any side effects?
What you recommend for my age ? To have an helthy haert and brine and when should i take regular ecg and bp tests ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 7 months ago.
Hello. As a Neurologist, these supplements have little or no benefit on brain function. At the age of 22, you do not have to worry about supplements for brain function, unless you are drinking alcohol or using illicit drugs to excess. If you have anxiety/depression, I would suggest you take a Vitamin B complex in addition to a well balanced diet. Vitamin C and other water soluble vitamins are not needed in supplementary form. Omega 3 fatty acids may change the ratios of "good" vs. "bad" cholesterol, but has no effect on mentation. I would suggest you look at non-medication based treatments for anxiety and depression. If you wish to discuss those options, please get back to me. I will put out the option for additional service and we can discuss this until you are satisfied. Good Luck to you. Dr Frank