Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

I am 49 years old and I think my blood pressure is high. I

Customer Question

I am 49 years old and I think my blood pressure is high. I have blood pressure machine at home with me. I told my blood pressure it is 161\113 66. I feel my ears clogging and my head is hurting.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is considered moderately high blood pressure.Can result in stroke given your current symptoms.Your medication dose needs to be increased after evaluating kidney function.Another medication like chlorthalidone can be added to improve the action and lower blood pressure.It is better for you to go to the urgent care clinic or ER without delay.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: