Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

My husband installs wheelchair ramps and lately he has been

Customer Question

My husband installs wheelchair ramps and lately he has been feeling weak and wanted energy. I just started drinking shakeology and they recomeneded a supplement for him. Its amino acids for people for working out, so was thinking would be good to give him power while building and lifting. Wanted to know if safe for him. He takes omeprozole because he had bleeding ulcers in 2008. He had endoscopy last year and showed no ulcers, but hplylori still. He also take a low dose blood pressure medicine for high blood pressure. His cholestrol is borderline and doesnt take anything. Would it be safe for him to take this. I will post pics of it. Thanks

Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 7 months ago.
What does shakeology contain?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

The shakeology is a protein whole food shake, but i was asking about the other supplement. Do you need a pic of the shakeology. He was going to drink that to, but I didnt think that was an issue.

What is the other supplement?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I sent a pic with all ingredients. It is amino acid

The pictures are too big. I can't read it. Could you attach the smaller one so that I can read? Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I posted the pics. That is how they come on the site. I can not post smaller. I see them fine. Can someone else help please? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, I see the supplementhttps://www.beachbody.com/product/supplements/energize-pre-workout-formula.doit does have some low dose caffeinemost likely it would be ok for him.but it may or may not fix his weakness and low energy.he needs to see his doctor to get blood testing to check thyroid hormone levels, B12, iron, ferritin, vitamin D levels, folate, magnesium, red blood cell levels to see if they are low.he needs his H pylori infection to be treatedH Pylori in the stomach can keep his stomach from working properly and not absorbing proper nutrients.he has to work on eating healthy and avoiding smoking and alcohol and make sure he drinks plenty of waterdoes he have a doctor he can see who can do some blood tests for him?has he had his H Pylori treated?
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.
HelloNeither of the supplements can be considered to be safe, to answer your exact question.He should not take either.If it turns out that he has kidney problems, both supplements can cause damage.Do not let him take anything until he is evaluated.I am a double board certified US doctor.find me in medical, save time, and get accurate answers daily.dr. Thomas.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

He was at the doctor today. He had his physical in October. All his blood work is good. His red blood cells and etc. The doctor said he will check his b12 and ferritan, but he was not anemic. He was treated for hplylori in 2008, but still has. The doctor said he rather not treat it since it will kill his good bacteria. He said many people have it and it will not hurt him if he takes his omeprozole. He never smoke or drank and is healthy. He just started this work few months ago and his body is not used to it, so he is wanting something that will give him extra energy, Thanks

The supplements are still not a good idea.There are many things the regular doctor is not going to checkMagnesium levelsVitamin DAll B vitamin levels.....Cellular function indicatorsAdrenal panel [full panel]Full sex hormone panel.... He needs a doctor trained in all of this. Not supplements.You can find a functional medicine doctor on the list on this sitewww.funcitonalmedicine.orgPlease click a positive here, top of the page.