Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I have had several operations. removal of right ascending

Customer Question

I have had several operations. removal of right ascending bowel, shortly followed by anastomotic leak and removal of 2' of small bowel, a radical prostatectomy two years later and bowel blockages and orthoscopic removal of lesions and repositioning of large and small bowel. those operations took place between 1996 and 2004. during the past 12 years I have bowel issues with Diarrhea and if I try to control that with questran, bowel blockages. I am also finally correlating doing exercise, especially involving the core or light working or playing excessive golf lots of twisting with bowel constriction and reflux. not sure how to fix or mitigate that. it is really limiting my quality of life.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am sorry you are having such bad bowel issues.several prior abdominal bowel surgeries can cause excessive scar tissue around your bowels and your bowels may not work the same after surgery.are you taking a probiotic daily? this can help your bowel might need another lysis of adhesions procedure to remove scar tissue around your bowels if your last surgery was 2004 which is 12 years ago.watching your diet is very important.