Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have lower back pain, my skin feels like someone is pricking

Customer Question

I have lower back pain, my skin feels like someone is pricking me with needles, headache,I have been vomiting, and have diarrhea. I'm 26 and it has been close to 24 hours.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Do you have any fever?Any right sided or left sided stomach pain?Diarrhea and vomiting suggest viral infection. Can cause severe dehydration which can trigger headache. Lower back pain also can be due to the viral infection. On more serious note, can be due to the kidney infection or inflammation of the colon. Ibuprofen may help with the pain symptoms. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes a low fever 100.9 I have no pain in my stomach just lower back.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks for your reply. There is a risk of acute diverticulitis --bacterial infection of the colon. Given that possibility, you should go to the ER for further evaluation. You may try Ibuprofen 600 mg 3 times a day with food.If that does not work better to get checked. Best wishes