Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak, Doctor
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

I took some 10 mg Valium now I have a drug test in a week will

Customer Question

I took some 10 mg Valium now I have a drug test in a week will they be out of my system by then
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I. Don't have a prescription for them was just offered some and took them
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm in Joplin Missouri anyway he knows of a doctor I can just pay to get a prescription for just a few so I can prove I am prescribed them
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloA single use should be out of your system in one week.It is unlikely you will test positive.You can not get a doctor to write you a prescription to "prove" you had a prescription. That would be highly illegal.I think your chances are good to pass at this point. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope I haven't svrewed myself. I don't take Valium's often but over the course of 1 week I ate 38 10mg Valium's. I have a very high metabolism and drink lots of water would those help with a clean drug test
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Heavy use can show up longer.If it has been a week before the test, still a chance to pass.Less than that, probably not.There is no way to wash it out, etc. Those are myths. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 1 year ago.
I have a different answer for youIt will very likely show in your urine test. Benzodiazepines like Valium can stay in the system a pretty long time. It depends on how much you take and for how long. Also on your general health, age, and weight. All of this determine the elimination half life. Following ingestion, Valium first goes through an initial distribution phase that is followed by a long terminal elimination phase. The terminal elimination phase half-life for valium is on average, 100 hours. It takes 5.5 x elimination half lives (hours) for a medicine to be cleared from your system, therefore Valium will be in your system for 550 hours (5.5 x 100hrs) i.e. approximately 23 days.