Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I caught or nicked my scrotum in my zipper ,it cut it and now

Customer Question

i caught or nicked my scrotum in my zipper ,it cut it and now i have an open sore ,that won't go away. very uncomfortable
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: it happened about 3 weeks ago i thought it would heal so much faster
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: the pain feels like a pinch 24 hrs a day
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthe scrotum can be a difficult area to heal.you should see a doctor about the wound there.you might need a course of antibiotics and antibiotic creams to help the area here.you need to avoid smoking and alcohol which can slow down the healing processincrease your protein and natural vitamin C intake to help with healing.you can use manuka honey on the area or neosporin or silvadine ointment to help prevent infections and promote healing.you should wash the area with mild soap like Dove and water once or twice a daykeep the area clean and away from stoollet me know if you have questions.