Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Symptoms: vomiting, diaria the first day. Stomach ache, very

Customer Question

Symptoms: vomiting, diaria the first day. Stomach ache, very thirsty but can only keep liquids down for añ hour or two. Very shakey. Still vomiting. Tried fruit and a glass of electrolyte treated water but that came back up too.
What good this be. I have had this several times and it usually lasts 24 to 30 hours but then another day to slowly eat small portions of food and get my strength back. I do wash my fruit in water with 10th part vinegar. No one else in our house gets this.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidsounds like you are having very bad gastritis or food poisoning. this gastritis can be from a viral infection or food poisoning from bacteria in non properly prepared foods.you can loose a lot of fluid and electrolytes if you continue to vomit.this can be very serous. best to go to the ER where they can check your blood work and check for dehydration and electrolyte imbalances and can give you IV fluids if you need them and stronger nausea and vomiting medications like zofran.or this could be due to something else like partial small bowel obstruction from scar tissue in the abdomen. if you have had prior abdominal surgeries, this can cause your small bowel to partially get blocked and cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, in some cases, thirst and shaking. if the scar tissues gets to be too much, there are surgeries such as lysis of adhesions surgeries which can be done to go into your abdomen to cut out scar tissue which could be wrapping around your small bowels.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
do you have any other questions?