Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

My toddler pulled off the phone from the wall & a bit of the

Customer Question

My toddler pulled off the phone from the wall & a bit of the wall crumbled in chunks. It resembled chalk when I crushed it. My husband thinks it is gyprock drywall/plasterboard? He didn't have a lot & I accidentally ingested a small amount as well trying to work out what it was before I figured out what it was! It was a chalky dust type substance so I'm assuming it was plasterboard? Is that dangerous to consume? I'm worried about asbestos but my husband tells me it's not used in plasterboards? I'm so worried!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Plaster powders/dust potentially may irritate eyes or sensitive skin or irritate the respiratory system. Any effects should be short term. Rinse with water and wash from skin. If Your child is not showing any sign of irritation in eyes or cough there is nothing to worry about.However in presence of any irritable signs or choking go to A&E.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.