Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I'm Verneice JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

Hi I'm Verneice
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have had swelling for about two years now started on the right ankle foot now it is all over and causes pain mostly in the r ankle which always looks bruised yesterday I woke up to my right hand significantly swollen and the rest of my swelling down as usual
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 6 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.Have you had any evaluation for the swelling?Are you taking any chronic medicines for any medical problem?
I had asked for some additional information and have not heard back. When someone is having swelling in uer and lower extremities, the concern would be a systemic condition that can cause swelling, such as heart failure, liver or kidney dysfunction, or thyroid disease. Diffuse swelling can also occur as a side effect to various medicines, which is why I asked about any current medicines. If you have not had any evaluation, then the first step would be a physical examination and screening blood tests that would include liver, kidney, and thyroid profiles. Further testing would depend upon the findings on the initial evaluation. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.