Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Last 2-3 years I have been having breathing problems

Customer Question

For the last 2-3 years I have been having breathing problems which I never had before. I have developed muscle tightness in my chest; now today I get very short of breath just going to the mailbox, putting my socks on. Bending over at the waist makes me short of breath. No one seems to want to listen to my side of the story and how I feel AND what I think needs to be treated and what I think the problem is. I am being treated for congestive heart failure which is under control now. I am currently using a C PAP machine each night; I have been told that I have weak diafram, good lungs by a doctor. I really would like to talk to a doctor that will listen to me. Beatty Holladay *****Hueytown Al 35023 email ***@******.***
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 7 months ago.
Hello!The congestive heart failure will cause a sense of shortness of breath. It may be treated and under control but it would be typical that you may get easily short of breath with little exertion ...It is possible to ALSO have a pulmonary problem..Have you had pulmonary function tests ? Spirometry ? These would determine much if a pulmonary problem was part of the issue .Your pulse ox reading at rest and after a walk would add helpful information.If your blood counts we're low then that also (anemia )would add to the shortness of breath...There can be a combination of problems...Have you any history of smoking ?Do you have any wheezing ?These details would be helpful ...I hope to be helpful for you. I will be happy to get back with you If you have further questions or concernsIf my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedbackThank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD