Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I went to a general surgeon to see if I have a hernia on my

Customer Question

I went to a general surgeon to see if I have a hernia on my left side and he said there's no sign of a hernia to see a urologist I feel pressure on my left side and when I sit the pressure is worse with no pain
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Do you notice any swelling?Ideally a CT scan should be ordered to rule out hernia.Sometimes, hernia may not be obvious from outside.Another possibility can be due to the nerve compression at the lower spine causing pain during sitting.That can be diagnosed by a neurologist.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No ct scan was done and no swelling and no pain just pressure only when i sit or bend down or wear a belt too
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Every doctor appointment r too far date
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Like June or july to see a urologist
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.
Ok --in that case hernia is very unlikely.I doubt urologist will find anything wrong.These symptoms are likely due to the lower spine issue.You can start lower back exercises meanwhile.Physical therapy should help.