Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

She took an extra dose of two 200mg ibuprophen. She forgot

Customer Question

She took an extra dose of two 200mg ibuprophen. She forgot that she had already taken her 2 pills about a half hour ago. This is for post-op gall bladder removal surgery. She also has taken 1 Norco 7.5-325mg hydrocodone/acetaminophen tablet 2 hours ago.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: She had a bowl of chicken noodle soup in the past half hour, so she did not take pills on an empty stomach.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That is total of 800 mg Ibuprofen dose still within normal limit per dose.2400 mg in a 24 hour period is considered safe.She may wait about 6 hour from now to take her next dose of ibuprofen.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: