Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

My daughter is constipated. We went to the Dr. yesterday

Customer Question

Hello my daughter is constipated. We went to the Dr. yesterday and he said she had a large BM to pass and prescribed a suppository. I gave her one last night and again this morning. Still no hard BM coming out. I also gave her Miralax. I am thinking of taking her to the emergency room.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: She has been vomiting and this has been going on for over a week. Thank you!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.
Hi this is Dr Stan and I will help you. I need some additional information. How old is your daughter and how many days since her last BM?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.
Because of the vomiting and that it has been more than one week, she may be impacted and will need intervention to remove the impaction. You should take her to the closest hospital ER for further evaluation. She will at least need an x-ray. You are correct in thinking about the ER visit. Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. I will enable the rating page for you and a positive rating is always appreciated.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.
Hi, just checking to see how your daughter is doing.