DrHoellering
DrHoellering, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
61885400

I am a 20 year old female and past week my heart

Customer Question

hi i am a 20 year old female and for the past week my heart beat feels a little irregular know i know stress and anxiety can cause the heart rate to increase but i don't have stress or anxiety and live a happy care free life . it feels as if my heart "skips a beat" and does not feel normal. i wanted to know if this will go away on its own or if it something i should visit my doctor for
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,I am Dr.Customer experienced in Internal and General Medicine and pleased to help you with your problem.It is possible that your heart skips a beat after an extra one. Everyone of us has this, but most of uns don't recognize it. In 30 years I never had a patient without any extra beats and following pause within 24 hours. I suggest you have an ekg done and have the doctor listen to your heart to exclude dangerous arrythmia or signs of myocarditis. Both are very, very unlikely, but still we like you to be on the safe side.Severe arrhythmia causes vertigo and fainting. If your blood circulation feels perfect, there is no reason to worry.I wish you all the best!