Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My 17 year old daughter got hit pretty hard with a

Customer Question

My 17 year old daughter got hit pretty hard with a softball about 3 weeks ago. Impact occurred to her nose, just off to the side of the center bone. Lots of blood, must be a very vascular area! It was not broken, a small scar remains. The side of her nose that was hit feels hard underneath and slightly larger than the other side. I'd like to take her to get examined. My only question really, is: Do I take her to an ear, nose & throat Dr., a plastic surgeon, an orthopedist, other? And at 17yrs, should it be pediatric or doesn't matter?
Thank you!
Brenda
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.There can be bone fracture causing hematoma formation.May take several weeks to heal.A ENT surgeon should be consulted with initially along with Xrays.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/