Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

My right forefinger from the tip to 1 inch below the nail is

Customer Question

My right forefinger from the tip to 1 inch below the nail is swollen and painful. I didn't hit it, so I'm perplexed as to what is the cause.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: The swelling is significant and I cannot make the tip of my forefinger touch my palm
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 6 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...One thing is clear that you have acute inflammation of nail bed and finger , it would be ideal for me if you provide me some info...Please tell me how old you are and your gender ?Do you have any other health issues like Diabetes ?Regards .