Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have rubbery-like nodules just beneath my skin above

Customer Question

Hi - I have rubbery-like nodules just beneath my skin above the iliac crest on my back.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I had an ultrasound done.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes.
JA: What else should I tell the Doctor?
Customer: The radiologist said: 1.6 x 1.4cm oval partially circumscribed hypoechoic lesion with no significant vascularity.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Soft tissue lesion with no specific sonographic appearance. May represent an episacral lipoma, but other soft tissue masses cannot be exclude by ultrasound.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What does all of this mean?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How long does it take to get an answer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
And what other types of masses could the be?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
HELLO?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 7 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. There are many growths that will appear hypoechoic on ultrasound. The absence of vascularity is a good sign from the perspective that increased vascularity is the sign that is most worrisome for cancer. However, the appearance of this finding i not specific for any particular growth in the skin. Certainly, lipomas are very common, but it also could be other tumors, such as deratofibromas or neurofibromas. At this point, with no findings that are worrisome for cancer, it would be appropriate to simply monitor these lumps.