Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

WHATS WRONG WITH ME. I LOOSE AN ERECTION DURING SEX AND IT

Customer Question

WHATS WRONG WITH ME. I LOOSE AN ERECTION DURING SEX AND IT HAS BECOME NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO EJACULATE
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 7 months ago.
Hello!What is your age?Do you take any medications?Have any problems with a relationship?Do you have current trouble with unusual stress/anxiety/depression?Have you discussed this with your doctor at all?You may have a few things checked such as testosterone level to make sure that this is in normal range...
As for erectile dysfunction the most common FIRST LINE treatment that tends to help most men would be one of the ED meds that include Viagra/ Levitra/ Cialis...These will help a man to obtain and better maintain an erection in about 90 percent of cases... Other treatment options are possible if one of these should not work ( you would want to try one more than one time ... sexual stimulation is STILL REQUIRED to obtain an erection even with the medicine .. some have had mistaken impression that erection would be automatic ...If the intial dose should not work such as 50 mg of Viagra then the higher dose such as 100 mg of Viagra may then be tried .. ( or 10 mg Levitra and later 20 mg Levitra) ...
AS for having difficulty with ejaculating this can be a side effect of certain medicines such as common antidepressants.. So do you take any medicines now ??
You could have certain problems such as an infection of the prostate as a cause...
Do you feel that you have a normal libido or sex drive?? Low testosterone may be reflected by lower libido and erectile dysfunction...
Ultimately the problem to much extent might be helped by your primary care doctor but seeing a urologist would be the best possible specialist to consult with regard to these issues...
I hope that this information is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD