Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I recently visited a primary care physician this past wednesday

Customer Question

i recently visited a primary care physician this past wednesday regarding my high blood pressure in which they checked my blood pressure and the number was quite high. After the visit I prescribed zestoretic to start taking immediately along with a beta blocker to take a week later in conjunction with the zestoretic. from there I was oedered to do some labs to check for lipids A1c and fasting blood sugar, and Im currently awaiting results on those. The zestoretic is working fine but there are times throughout the day that on the left side on my chest there is a slight thump in that area, not any palpitations of rapid heartbeat. I am considering going to the ER soon to explain the symptoms to someone and try to get an EKG and a chest xray to see if something else may be going on, but may wait to see if the feeling subsides first. If someone can give some input as to what it can be I would appreciate it..Thanks in advance
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.
This is Dr Davidgood idea to go to the ERthe left sided chest thump in that area could be due to rapid heart rate or anxiety or acid refluxa heart attack at your age would be less likely.you should ask to get your thyroid hormone levels checked. high thyroid hormone levels can cause fast heart rate and palpitations.a beta blocker can help slow down fast heart rate and help calm your heart.but going to the ER and getting an EGK and chest xray is fine to do.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com