Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I take a few meds but I think those is related to atorvastatin. I get severe burning pain

Customer Question

I take a few meds but I think those is related to atorvastatin. I get severe burning pain i. Esophagu and discharge of thick white mucus
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 9 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Yes possible with atorvastatin.Severe inflammation of the esophagus also known as the reflux esophagitis is the likely cause.Other medications also can cause this.Antacids can be taken to soothe the symptoms.Omeprazole is better but should be discussed with your doctor.Regarding atorvastatin, you should discuss with your doctor for switching to a different one.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/