Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

In 6 months ago I got sick and coughing and sore throat I went

Customer Question

In 6 months ago I got sick and coughing and sore throat I went to the hospital and they prescribed me with antibiotics but after 2 days I got worse and went to the hospital again and this time the did full blood test and chest x rays and they ask my to cough and try to get phlegm from my lung which I did and they took the phlegm to the lap after a 2 hours the doctor told me it is infection and prescribed me albuterol CFC free 90 mcg/inh inhalation aerosol, amoxicillin 500 mg oral tablet, doxycycline hyclate 100 mg oral capsule,, Motrin 800 mg oral tablet and predniSONE 20 mg oral tablet.
I got better within 2 days but I felt my tonsils got bigger. after I finished the course the tonsils sitll enlarged without pain I went to my family doctor who said that she thinks it is infection but tonsils never get back to the normal size, after 3 mouths I had an appointment with ENT specialist how ask for a new chest x rays and did sinus CT and he did mouth endoscopy after he checked all the results he told me that my tonsils and adenoid need to be remove and after a mouth he did the surgery and send my tonsils to the lap and after he got the result he asked me to see him to discuss the result with him, we discussed the results he said the the surgical path diagnosis is Lymphofollicular hyperplasia and he said this mean is just enlarged tonsils and you do not need to take any medicines any more.
Now after about 3 month from the surgery I still have sore throat comes and goes and I see a small pimples in the back wall of my throat.
I do know what should I do know what it could be.
Thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Do you have a picture?Small pimples at the back of throat can be due to the prominent glands at the throat.Viral infection can cause this also commonly.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: