Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

I have a lumb in the back of my throat after takinf sinus infection

Customer Question

I have a lumb in the back of my throat after takinf sinus infection antibiotics.. What could that mean?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for thr question and coming here. I would like to say that lump in throat after taking antibiotics can be due to spreading infection which involves your throat and also sometimes it can be due to allergic reaction due to antibiotics. In either case I will highly advise to see your physician for complete evaluation and tests which should include throat swab test, full blood count. Sometimes bacterial infection do become resistant to current antibiotics and different antibiotic may be required depending on culture and senstivity results. Also important to rule out any thing serious with the help of examination by physician and tests. Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me. Best wishesDr. Amir Javed