Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Lucianna and cold sore healing I was wondering when a cold

Customer Question

Lucianna and cold sore healing I was wondering when a cold sore is fully healed? I no longer have the actual cold sore just a little discoloration and a somewhat scab, it's not dry blood or anything thing it's just new skin is it still contagious?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've began to have the tingle last Saturday and actually broke out on Sunday. I have been using Abreva cream and I've also been taking Acyclovir tablets every 8 hours as prescribed by my doctor as well as lysine pills.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: I am still putting a bit of abreva on the area just be sure
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i already paid $5 to continue the conversation????
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.No. It would not be contagious at this point.Does this make sense to you? It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS