Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

IS A TEMPERATURE OF 96.5 TOO LOW AND WHY

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question.This is a normal temperature and I would not worry whatsoever if you are not having any other symptoms.If you are feeling cold and slow I would recommend having a thyroid hormone test done.Have you had any tests done recently like any blood workup?Please let me know.Regards
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 8 months ago.
HelloI am a double board certified US doctor and I have a different answer for you.One degree above or below 98.6 is considered normal.You are over two degrees below.Have an exam from your doctor.Have the following labsCBC, CMP, TSH, T4, sed rate, iron.Good luck.You can save time and effort and find Dr. Thomas by request in medical daily for correct, safe and up to date answers.Please click a positive on this post if you want me to be compensated.