Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

My friend noticed uti symptoms about 3 days ago. her appointment

Customer Question

my friend noticed uti symptoms about 3 days ago. her appointment is tomorrow. Will it spread to her kidneys by then
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: She has to pee every 5 minuets, its red, she has some pain and discomfort and her back hurts. I just want to know if she will make it to her appointment tomorrow
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: how long till it spreads to the kidneys
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question.I think that with the symptoms that she is having she should go to the ER to get a script of an antibiotic and get this treated ASAP.I agree that delaying treating this infection may be counterproductive.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by cilcking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 6 months ago.
Hi,I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you,It is not possible that in 3 days of span an UTI can lead to kidney infection. Don't worry, let your friend meet the doctor tomorrow, and take the doctor's prescription of antibiotics after the urine test or culture.Any questions ask me, or request to leave a positive rating.Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.
HelloI have a different answer for you.I am a double board certified US doctor.UTI means urinary tract infection.It is impossible , without examination, to say where it starts, in the bladder, kidneys, etc.IT depends.If she is concerned, be evaluated now.Do not assume anything.If there are severe symptoms, or fever, it is more likely kidney.It is not impossible for this to even start this way, happen in a day, 3 days , a week, all variationsare possible.Please click a positive rating on this post , at the top.Save time in the future, and ask for me by request for safe, correct and up to date answers.I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Yes, you should go to the emergency and get urgent evaluation and treatment like I mentioned above.Regards
Do you have more questions? If not request to leave a positive rating.Thanks.
Hello,Did you happen to see the answer? Can I request to leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, only then I'm compensated for the answer.Thanks.