Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

My 6 yr old son has been experiencing severe stomach pain every

Customer Question

My 6 yr old son has been experiencing severe stomach pain every night for the past month and a half. We have been to the ER and PCP twice. While at the hospital he had a X-ray and he was impacted. Also he had an enema which we thought that would be the end of the stomach pain but it wasn't. We started miralax daily. The second time Yesterday Pcp suggested pedilax. This has helped but every night he is still in pain. He will cry and sometimes curl up in a ball. We will massage it, use a heating pad, drink more water and eat more fiber. Our First Gi appt is the end of May. Is there any advice on what we can do to help our son? It breaks my heart to see him in this much pain nightly.
Thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for this questionI'm very sorry about thisHow is his diet? Does he eat fruits and veggies? Drink water?