Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

I have taken Xanax xr 1 mg years I recently had my

Customer Question

I have taken Xanax xr 1 mg for three years I recently had my script changed to 0.5 xr twice daily well it isnt working well I have anxiety and headache can I take two in the morning so I do not have these side effects I am not sure if my body is getting used to the new way it's in my system I was the one that wanted to try it the dr had no problems with my originall prescription drugs I'm stuck with it for two more months what can I do
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Over time your body may get used to xanax dose.Or your circumstances may have changed causing more anxiety symptoms.Also change in script can cause such problems as well.Hence you can take both together to see if it works like before.Your doctor should adjust the dose if needed.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Very welcomePlease complete the rating on top also :)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you sure I can take two Xanax 0.5 extended release tablets together at once
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Yes they are equivalent to 1 mg.Best wishes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes so it is like taking just the one one milligram xr it wnt be too strong then correct.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
That is correct