Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

My son feel and they said he fractured his collarbone but X-ray shows no fracture but clav

Customer Question

My son feel and they said he fractured his collarbone but X-ray shows no fracture but clavicle is bent. He was also born with a fractured collarbone too. He is in a lot of pain and won't sit still. Once the pain kicks in he keeps crying
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also, my older daughter grabbed him today and he cried himself to sleep from pain. Should I take him back to the hospital?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am sorry about your son and his collar bone painthanks for the xray.I don't see a fracture on the least he was able to get to sleep.ask his doctor at next follow up if they can prescribe lidocaine cream or ointment on the area so you can put on some numbing cream to help decrease painyou should use oral tylenol for him to help him decrease pain.over time his collar bone pain will get better if he is able to fall asleep, his pain is not keeping him up and his pain will get betterlet me know if you have other questions
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It looks bent? I'm confused then why he's in so much pain and won't use his left arm?
the collar bone is normally suppose to be bentthat is normal bending of the collar bonehe needs more timehe will grow into his shoulder and be able to use his arm more with more time.doing surgery now is not really a good idea at his age and size.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. It's weird because then I have no idea why he's in so much pain when he uses his arm or you touch the area
he most likely has some scar tissue from his prior shoulder dislocation when he was born.