Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have had a sore throat few months and some symptoms

Customer Question

I have had a sore throat for a few months and some symptoms of gerd. I am taking Nexium 24 hr. It is helping the feed symptoms but I have some tingling sensations/ slight numbness in the front of my neck and in my scalp and my chin.
I can almost describe it as the feeling you get when you rub your eyelid after you've touched pepper. It's a sensitive sensation kinda burning and tingly.
Weird.
I do have a tooth that needs a root canal and I'm thinking it might be infected, ( it doesn't hurt but it has an odor, and I'm making a dentist spot soon) so is it possible that could cause this sensation or do you think it's more leaning toward the gerd symptoms and long lasting sore throat?
It's concerning and it makes me nervous but I have anxiety about going to the dr.
Any wisdom?
I have allergies as well could it be allergy related? I've had these symptoms before and it was during allergy season. Is that remotely possible? The Zyrtec I take doesn't help the tingling sensations.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 8 months ago.
HelloThis can be typical of cervical spine disc disease.it is called paresthesia, or neuropathy in come cases.You need an exam an possibly an MRI of the neck. Other possibilitiescalcium imbalanceheavy metal toxicityliver or kidney diseaseB vitamin deficiencyidiopathic neuropathyautoimmune diseaseother. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.