Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have COPD and lately I have been having trouble when

Customer Question

Hi I have COPD and lately I have been having trouble when I take deep breaths or even shallow breathing. Pain gets worse at night when I lay on my left side. The pain radiates deep into the back and was just on the left side of my back and now has move to both sides. I have had more shortness of breath and persistent light cough?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: In January after angieogram I was care flighted back to ER with a possible PE but they did not see one on the CT. but since then this issue has been progressing.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 8 months ago.
HelloGo to the ER now.This can bepneumoniapartially collapsed lungrefractory copd treatmentPEShearing of a great vessel in the chestPericarditis.Other heart problem.Don't wait on this. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.