Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Dr ***** *****. It's complicated! But I don't know how expensive

Customer Question

Hi Dr ***** *****. It's complicated! But I don't know how expensive this sie is.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Wondering if Zpack will help with a UTI? I'm on it for sinus infection but having some spot bleeding when I urinate
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK. Paid fee. Will wait for your answer. Symptoms of UTI started prior to seeing Dr. But I wasn't thinking much of it at time. I am not prone to UTI's. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.
HelloIt is not a preferred antibiotic for UTI.It is indicated for urethritis, which can be from UTI.I would suggest you talk to your doctor, and follow this.If it does not resolve, get a urine culture for antibiotic susceptability. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.