Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Will my incision from surgery is not healing on the 5th finger

Customer Question

will my incision from surgery is not healing on the 5th finger heal no that we know that I have a canddida parapsilosis cellulitis they gave me fluconazole for 10 days the wound looks =horrible.. in addition In had some pea looking lumps that they think might be connected and just did a biopsy aanother dr thought they were small ganglion cysts
but concerned over the healing and if will ever heal as the next choice is amputation and my drs are trying to save me and m y finger? are these pills going to work they are calling it a yeast infection.. etc I am in the medical field and 6 doctors could not help me I had to go to a hand trauma surgeon in florida that I knew
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am sorry about your finger not healing.did your doctors also do a bacterial culture to check for bacterial infection in the site?when do you get the results of the biopsy back?do you have a history of diabetes? another option is hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy which can help you heal as well.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 8 months ago.
HelloThe fungal infection of this sort can take longer than 10 days to heal.The next treatment should be based on biopsy results.Apparently you have had cultures.Ganglion cysts can be identified with ultrasound, which I suggest at this point while you are waiting on biopsy.It sounds like you need surgical debridement at this point as far as the infection goes [surgical cleaning and drainage] which is the typical next step in this situation.I am a double board certified US doctor.Find me anytime in medical by request. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidanother possibility of poor healing is due to poor circulation.in some patients who have diabetes or poor blood vessels or arterial stenosis, not enough blood can get to the wound to help with healing.an angiogram or ultrasound of your arm can check for proper blood flow and circulation to the handif there is a blockage, some patients need angioplasty to help reduce blockage and improve blood flow.many hospitals have wound care clinics to help with wound healing and wound healing doctors and nursesmanuka honey or Medihoney can help a wound healSilavdine ointment 1% can help the areathere are other creams like Santyl which can help with debridmenton your finger, it is important to protect the hand and not use the hand and finger which can disrupt healing if you use the finger.increasing your diet's protein intake and vitamin C in take can help your body make more scar tissue in the area and help with healing as welllet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com