Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University

I have a concern about my reflux. I ran out of nexium and

Customer Question

I have a concern about my reflux. I ran out of nexium and started using over the counter. I have RA and am on diclofenic twice a day. I started to have a lump feeling in my throat, so I gave up coffee and wine. It got much better, but I still have that feeling. I am back on nexium twice a day, but still belch and have that feeling. My chiropractor took an x-ray, no lump and my ENT says it is not my throat. I have no trouble swallowing and I read that it could be because of my RA. I had an endoscopy two years ago and all normal, no barrets. I am hoping it is not serious like esophageal cancer, but I would think I would have more symptoms than that. What could it be? Could it be from my RA. Also had a chest x-ray, normal.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 6 months ago.
Hi This is Doctor Diego, I understand your concerns. The symptoms you described are concerning for gasrtro esophageal reflux disease. In your case using diclofenac can make reflux worse and exacerbate the symptoms you hav. RA is usually not related to reflux. Esophageal cancer is unlikely. However a formal evaluation by a gastroenterologist needs to be done in case you symptoms do not improve. Most likely your symptoms for now are secondary to diclofenac use.
The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking. Kindest regards