Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

I've had 2 bloody stools.... Actually only blood in the

Customer Question

Hi, I've had 2 bloody stools.... Actually only blood in the past hour. Urgent care is closed & I didn't know if this is something that should been seen for in an ER or if it could wait until Monday. My stomach doesn't hurt & the only symptom is bright red blood stools.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I thought I was having diarrhea but it was only blood I was passing. This happened twice within the last hour
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for this questionYes, you do need checked outthis could be as simple as a hemorrhoid but it could be much worsedo in nowlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using
Please don't forget to look at the rating scale for me.I am credited for work only when you rate positiveIf you have more questions, just reply :)