Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.

There is a small spot bleeding on the back of my calf. It started

Customer Question

There is a small spot bleeding on the back of my calf. It started spontaneously with nothing to cause it. I put a bandaid on it overnight. When I removed the bandaid this morning it started bleeding again. This happened once before about four months ago. Then, the bleeding stopped after putting on a bandaid and leaving it on for a day. But now, it's happening again.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 6 months ago.
HelloI amCustomerand I would be assisting you today.Aspirin you are taking thins your blood and increases the clotting time of blood.Even a small abrasion can cause bleeding which does not stop easily because the blood does not clot in time.But as this is the second episode of this happening at the same spot, you need to have this seen by a doctor to look at any underlying skin lesion which is causing bleed from the same point spontaneously.There may be a small varicose or pencil vein which is bleeding or some other lesion.Examination in person by a doctor would help reach a conclusion regarding the cause.