Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

I have been coughing week noe but last nignt when I slept

Customer Question

I have been coughing for a week noe but last nignt when I slept ,woke up from my sleep with a strange taste in my mouth it was blood that i spit out
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: bright red blood
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: thats all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for this questionI'm sorry this happened.This can be scary.The most common cause of something like this would be bronchitis or pneumonia. This does need to be checkedIf you smoke, you need a CAT scan of the chest to rule out more serious thingslet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using
Please don't forget to look at the rating scale for me.I am credited for work only when you rate positiveIf you have more questions, just reply :)