DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My recent lab results showed - WBC Esterase (3+), Occult Blood

Customer Question

My recent lab results showed - WBC Esterase (3+), Occult Blood (trace), and WBC (11-30). I'm most concerned about the WBC but altogether, what is going on in my body? I thought I would get your opinion before seeing my doctor on Tuesday. Thanks!
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: Wow, is it that bad? I will get clarification from my doctor!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This suggests inflammation in the urinary tract.Bacterial infection is the most common cause.Urine culture is important.Antibiotic course is suggested first.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is a different expert with a different answer.The urine culture should come before you start antibiotics.There is no point to doing it after treatment.So, either treatment alone, or urine culture then treatment. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.