Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I've heard too much on phentermine but not too much on

Customer Question

I've heard too much on phentermine but not too much on Didrex or tenuate. However I would like to t
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.It looks like you were cut off.Could you complete your question?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've heard too much on phentermine but not too much on Didrex or tenuate. However I would like to try the Didrex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Even if it's just for 30 days or less. I need a miracle.
Do you have a question about the Didrex or are you seeking a prescription for Didrex?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Both
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Mainly why don't people speak of it like phen/Topamax
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also is it simply an appetite suppressant or does it actually help change metabolic factors within the body.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
And like most drugs, does the weight come back if you're not careful
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've been on Dexedrine, modafinil, and Ritalin and all that so stimulants aren't exactly an issue for me
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But yes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
And that's my biggest insecurity in life that has kept me from moving forward.
It is a violation of federal law for a doctor to prescribe Didrex over the internet. The doctor must perform apersonal face-to-face evaluation to be able to prescribe any controlled substance, including Didrex. Over the internet, we can address your questions about the Didrex, but we cannot prescribe the Didrex. I wanted to make sure that you understand that we can only provide information. If you would like me to answer the questions, I would be glad to do so.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do u know if it is the best
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
And who I'd go to to get a Rx?
Any doctor can legally prescribe the pill, although primary care physicians will frequently refer patients to Bariatric doctors for consideration of using medicines for weight loss. To address your other questions, it will help if you could provide some additional information.I assume that you were prescribed Dexedrine for ADHD, correct?While you were on Dexedrine, what impact did it have on your weight?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not much
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I didn't notice much of an effect :/
OK. Let me address these questions. First, the Didrex is in the amphetamine class. The Didrex is metabolized into amphetamine. It works primarily as an appetite suppressant, although it does have a mild effect on metabolism. Like other drugs for weight loss, it is true that most people regain the weight. The greatest issue in your case is that the Dexedrine is also amphetamine, specifically the right handed form of amphetamine, called dextroamphetamine, which is the more potent form of amphetamine. If you did not notice any change in your weight with Dexedrine, then you will likely not notice much difference with a drug that is metabolized into amphetmaine. In your case, it may be better to try a medicine that works by a different mechanism, at lease in part. So, it may be better for you to consider the phentermine and topiramate combination product, called Qsymia Is there a reason that you were not considering the Qsymia?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Because I had read so many rave revues on Didrex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I mean I'll take it if it works
I doubt that anyone that wrote those reviews had previously taken Dexedrine with no effect on weight. In the other thread, you asked about specific doctors. Where do you live?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hackensack NJ
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That accept Horizon NJ Health
The database does not include information of what insurances are accepted. Since you have Medicaid, I have only looked for doctors in NJ. There are none in Hackensack, but there are some in nearby cities. Michael Rothkopf, MD at the Metabolic Medicine and Weight Control Center in Morristown, NJ appears to be the closest to you. The phone number is(###) ###-#### ***** you are female, there is also a Gynecologist in Montvale, NJ that also addresses weight loss. Her name is***** Her phone number is(###) ###-####