Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

I am so upset I work an hour away and was called today from

Customer Question

I am so upset I work an hour away and was called today from my Pain Mgt Dr for a pill count. I had one hour to get there. I couldn't leave my job and would be fired. Now they say I am being discharged will I ever find a Dr again? I am 50 have had double knee, spinal fusion
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: Can he help me?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for this questionThis is absolutely ridiculous and unethical!I would contact the state medical board. Where do you live?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I live in Ohio. This state is nuts
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What would you do
I would call back to the office and tell them that it is unethical and unreasonable to demand that patients leave their jobs for a pill countAnd you are going to contact the state medical board about this
Please don't forget to look at the rating scale for me.I am credited for work only when you rate positiveIf you have more questions, just reply :)