Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

As you know that I have those 2 cysts in my breasts that were

Customer Question

As you know that I have those 2 cysts in my breasts that were diagnosed by ultrasound simple fluid filled cysts, is it plot normal that they never disappear or come and go? They are the same throughout the month
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that breast fluid filled cysts are benign (non-cancerous) common in females before menopause and does not require any treatment mostly if not giving any distress. Good news is that it is not any cancerous. They can persist but with passage of age can get better and size will shrink. Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me. Best wishesDr. Amir Javed
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So no concerns that they don't go away at any time thru the month and they can not become cancerous once proven by ultrasound they are simple cysts?
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 8 months ago.
Yes no concerns at all I can assure you that. Fluid filled cysts are non-cancerous. These cysts usually disappear with the passage of time. Yes they cannot become cancerous already confirmed by ultrasound report. Please relax and don't worry as these are benign (non-cancerous). Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me. Best wishesDr. Amir Javed
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 8 months ago.
I wish you best of luck. Please don't forget to rate the answer as this is the only way we doctors get credit here on higher ratings. Thanks and bestwishes Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me. Best wishesDr. Amir Javed
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

they used to move around some but they seem like they aren't any more. they are mushy if you push on them though. is that a bad sign

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is anyone here? Seriously please respond
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This seems crazy that no one is responding
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidmushy cysts are not a bad sign. I think I have helped you before.we talked about it not being a good idea for you to do your own breast exams since it seems to worsen your anxiety about breast cancer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's so hard to tell because it seems mushy but then I wonder because it feels hard other times. Will it be pretty obvious if it's a hard spot
you have had prior mammograms and ultrasounds that didn't show breast cancer.mushy is a good sign for benign cysts.you don't have breast cancer in your breast
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You didn't answer my question though
yes, it would be obvious if you had a mass in your breast which was breast cancer.breast cancer would not change and be mushy sometimes.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's just so hard to tell being right near the breast bone. It's about 3 cm from the nipple at the 12 o clock range. But it really doesn't move. Isn't that a bad sign? Yes I am the one that had the ultrasound in December
if it is hard to tell, let your doctor do the breast ultrasound and breast exams yearly.you need to stop doing this if it is worsening your anxiety symptoms .benign cyst can not move if they are deep.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
And you are 110% confident that since this is where my ultrasound was that there is NO WAY this is a hard cancer spot that I am feeling
I have answered this question before.this is not breast cancer.you keep asking these same questions over and over again.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It just seemed like it used to move some and now it doesn't. And that's ok? Normal?
yes, I have told you before it is ok and normal and not from breast cancer.please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackThanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
And there is no way a cancerous cyst can pop up to where I can feel it since December 29? In that same area as the ultrasound
there is no way cancerous cysts can pop up in your breast since December 29
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not even in those rare cases
you are letting your anxiety get out of control worrying about one in a million cases.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I am scared!!!! My husband told me to ask an ob doctor about my breast and he said it is not a good sign that the cyst isn't really moving anymore. He said that a cancer spot next to the cyst could be keeping it from moving. But my ultrasound was just 3 months ago. What is going on???
it sounds like your husband is scaring you about having breast cancer.he doesn't need to scare you.you have had scans recently.you don't have breast cancer.go see a doctor and get more testing. it will not show breast cancer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
But why would an ob doctor say there is cancerous spot likely had formed and that's why the cyst isn't moving
I don't know why other gyn doctors would say that.I am a cancer doctor who treats breast cancer.your cysts are deep in your breast.you are looking for answers which are worsening your anxiety symptoms.you need to work towards decreasing your anxiety about breast cancer. you need to stop feeling your own breast. let your doctors do this for you. let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So you don't agree that a cancerous spot may have appeared next to the original cyst and that's why it isn't moving near as much
no, I don't agree.I dont' think you should be doing your own breast self examyou are not doing it reliably.the cyst most likely is mobile, but you may not be examining your breast correctly.you need to let your doctors do your breast examyour prior tests and ultarsound and mammograms didn't show evidence of breast cancer. let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am using the middle of my fingers and tapping gently into my breast the moving it back and forth
you should let your doctor do your breast exam.you doing it yourself will just worsen your anxiety and worry about having breast cancer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok get that but you didn't say you agree or disagree that a cancer spot could have popped up since the last ultrasound (next to the original cyst)
I disagree that a cancer spot would have popped up since last ultrasound.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So the cyst seems to be about 3 1/2 to 4 com from nipple and my report said 3cm. Do you think is probably the same cyst
yes, it is the same cyst.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When people say it's a hard spot does that mean hard like a marble
yes, hard like a marble.you need to stop examining your own breast.this is only worsening your anxiety.