Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

As of yesterday I went to see my primary care provider to check

Customer Question

As of yesterday I went to see my primary care provider to check on some blood pressure issue in which I was prescribed some zestoretic along with a beat blocker.order is as follow zestoretic the first week then add on the beta blocker until a reevaluation the following week. With that said while the zestoretic is working ..I still feel symptoms on the left side of the. Sheet as if its a thump or a pull not really a flutter.if any one has feedback on the I definitely would appreciate
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Zestoretic is a combination of lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide.Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic and can cause fast heart beats as side effect.So thumping can be a side effect.Not a serious one but should be aware of.High blood pressure is another cause.You can start on the betablocker to counteract this side effect.Please inform your doctor also.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: