Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

Moldy iced tea JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

Moldy iced tea
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had what I thought was a new container of pure leaf tea until I realized there was mold in it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 6 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. The vast majority of people that accidentally ingest some mold will be fine. The strong acid in the stomach will typically kill any mold that is swallowed. So, there generally is no need to take any action if it is discovered that someone ate or drank any food or drink with mold on it. The only reason to consider any action would be in the rare situation in which symptoms develop, such as nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain. If you develop any of these symptoms, then it would be appropriate to see your doctor, but it is vastly more likely that no such symptoms will develop. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance. If you would like my assistance with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at