Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have been having lower abdominal pain and diarrhea

Customer Question

***** *****. I have been having lower abdominal pain and diarrhea for about a month now that has come and gone. The last 2 days it has been very consistent and the pain has worsened. Most of the pain is on the right side but sometimes it will start on the left and radiate to the right. And sometimes my back will hurt too.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My diarrhea has been yellow but other then that I don't have really any other symptoms.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You likely have intestinal infection.Viral infection is common.However acute diverticulitis is a serious possibility given your significant pain symptoms.That will require antibiotic course.Please see your dcotor soon about it or go to the ER.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/