Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My bowel has been very soft and light tan in color. I have

Customer Question

My bowel has been very soft and light tan in color. I have been extremely constipated and constantly feel like I am bloated and have to go, but can't. I have had to use an enema to be able to go. I have also been feeling tired and fatigued
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.How long you have these symptoms?You may have bowel obstruction.Inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn's is also possible.Did you have a colonoscopy yet?Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have been experiencing the constipation months but the change in color to light tan just started about 5 days ago. I have just started a new job and my insurance doesn't kick in for about 30 days and needing to understand if my issue needs immediate attention or can hold off for 3-4 more weeks.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.
Ok youdo not see any blood in the stool.Light tan color can be due to the action of laxative or enema.Soft stool passes fast through the intestine and color does not change much.Not that urgent.But you should arrange for a colonoscopy after your insurance kicks in.Best wishes