Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.

Is it safe to take lexapro 20 mg and later take Prozac 20mg

Customer Question

Is it safe to take lexapro 20 mg and later take Prozac 20mg but only for 10 days after ovulation. Worried about serotonin syndrome
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I meant just 10 mg. my doctor says I have pmdd and added the Prozac.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I ta
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to JA. You do not have to worry about the serotonin syndrome given those medications and those doses. The serotonin syndrome is very rare, and presents in patient taking multiple serotonergic meds in combination at excessively high doses. You are only on two medications and at normal dose levels. So not to worry about that. Dr Frank